Henry County Churches

Headland, Alabama Churches

These are churches located in an around Headland, Alabama.

Christian Life Church

Located in the Opus Nostrum Theater, 115 West Church St.

Church of Jesus Christ

No information

Rock Creek

No information

First Baptist Church*

311 W. Church St.

First Baptist Church of Headland

301 E. Church St. Organized in 1867, as the Church of Christ at Bethlehem and was located at 1 Cleveland St. It moved to East Church and Peachtree St. in 1893 and to the present site in 1909. The name was changed to Headland Missionary Baptist Church and to First Baptist Church of Headland in 1954. 693-3220

Gateway Baptist Church

1641 Hwy 134 W 693-3070

Greater Shiloh Baptist Church*

Headland 693-3590

Headland First Assembly of God

Cleveland St. Established in 1974 with services held at the Old Presbyterian Church in Headland. Late in 1974 the property on 613 Cleveland St. was bought. A new church was built in 1975.

Headland Missionary Baptist Church

Established 1906

Headland Presbyterian Church

Is now located at Landmark Park in Dothan, AL. It was organized in 1897. The members met in a shared building with the Methodist that stood where the Methodist Cemetery is today. Land was donated on Scott Street for The Presbyterian Church. It was built in 1908. It closed on September 18, 1966.

Headland United Methodist Church

103 King St. The members met under a bush arbor until the first structure was constructed where the Methodist Cemetery is today. It was a one-room frame structure. In the fall of 1948, a building committee was formed and property was purchased. The dedication of the church was in 1953. 693-2956

Jesus First Church

101 Mitchell St. 639-3994

Landmark Full Gospel Church

Main Street in Headland in the old Walden Motor Co. Building.

Piney Grove Primitive Baptist Church

1947 Broad Street, P.O. Box 401, Headland, Alabama 36345. (334) 693-2662

HWY 173 2 miles north of Headland. It was formed in 1849, new building in 1888. It is believed they first met in a little building called Piney Grove School. In 1858 they purchased land. By 1888 they had built the first church building, the same one they use today. It was restored in 1953, when Hurricane Florence caused a large 100 year-old Oak Tree to cut the building in half. 639-2662

St. Peter AME Church*

401 Holland St. 693-2226

St. Paul Over Coming the Church of God*

201 Hollon St.

Sweet Bethel Baptist Church*

701 Bethel Rd. 693-5377

Trinity Baptist Church

15786 US HWY 431 S. Split from Bethlehem Baptist Church in 1987 693-3266

Welcome Assembly of God

Main Street