These are churches located in an around Edwin, Alabama.
Antioch Baptist Church
North of Haleburg on HWY 95 about 1 mile. The first building was destroyed by fire. A new building was built about ½ mile further up the road. In 1895, Antioch and Walnut Grove united to found The Haleburg Baptist Church. The building at Antioch was given to Primitive Baptist and they called it New Prospect.
Atta Abba Baptist Church
It was located about 2 ½ miles on the south of the Abbie Creek, near Smith Bridge on the Franklin to Columbia road. It was founded in the 1830’S. It is believed the building was destroyed by fire or wind
Haleburg Baptist Church
1114 Main St. Organized in 1895, remodeled in 1949 and again in 1962. The church was rebuilt in 1975, after being destroyed by fire. In 1895, Antioch and Walnut Grove united to found The Haleburg Baptist Church.
Haleburg Methodist Church
Built in 1890, Methodist families begin meeting in 1817, near the intersection of the Franklin-Columbia Road and the Abbie Creek near Smith’s Bridge. They met under bush arbor before the Methodist church building was built at the site of the United Methodist Church of Haleburg. The first building was a log building and was destroyed by a tornado in 1912. In 1961 a new building was built.
Mt. Zion Baptist Church*
Stovall Drive. The Mt. Zion Baptist Church Is thought to be the oldest active wood frame colored church still in service in Henry County and the Wiregrass. It was built by Negro freedmen abound 1871.
Oakey Grove AME Church*
Established in 1897 and purchased land in 1898 where the church is today. The original structure was wood frame. Today it is Oakey Grove Community Methodist Church. In 1940’s it was destroyed by fire and the present building was completed in 1951.
Walnut Grove Baptist Church
Was located east of Haleburg About 1 to 1½ mile up the Smith Ferry Road in the 1840’s. It is believed this church was built to replace the Atta Abba. It remained active until 1895. In 1895, Antioch and Walnut Grove united to found The Haleburg Baptist Church.