Headland Presbyterian Church - Preserved

PRESERVED

Constructed in 1908, the Headland Presbyterian Church building was active until 1966.  In 1983, Mr. Sporman Knowles donated the church building to Dothan’s Landmark Park, and the structure was moved to its present location in the Park and restored by citizens of Headland and friends of Landmark Park. 

The two-message historical marker is one of two markers chronicling the heritage of the county that are actually outside Henry County.  The other is in Dale County where the first county seat of Henry County, called Richmond, stood from 1822 to 1826 near the present day Dothan Airport and Wiggins Church.


HeadlandPresbyterianChurchMarker1 HeadlandPresbyterianChurchMarker2
HeadlandPresbyterianChurch
HeadlandPresbyterianChurchMarker1

HeadlandPresbyterianChurchMarker2

HeadlandPresbyterianChurch